This is a report of my activities in 2021 Q4. Project changes, learning, and so on!
New client projects started in this period.
- Thank you, Coral team. I’m looking forward to working with you again.
- An app project with a Japanese startup
- Building a new messaging app for teenagers.
- Using SwiftUI, Firebase, GraphQL, The Composable Architecture (TCA), and so on.
- An art app project with an artist based in New York
- Building a photo-based app with some interesting ideas.
- Technical consultancy work: giving technical advice and writing code together in pair-programming sessions using TUPLE.
New programming languages
These correspond to areas that I chose and explained in a post “Three tech areas I’m going into”.
By the way, I’m coming back to printed books as I had problems with my eyes caused by watching screens too long. I prefer reading printed books to reading them online.
New tool trials
Advent of Code in Rust, Haskell, etc.
- Crash Course in Art & Media Technology at V2.nl
A series about “Media Art x [Painting, Sculpture, Photography, Filmmaking]”. I attended all four lectures and liked the first one about paintings the most.
- Dutch Design Week at Eindhoven
Graduation Show of The Design Academy Eindhoven was great.
- RE_NATURE exhibition at DenBosch
- Rafaël Rozendaal at Upstream Gallery in Amsterdam
- Academic institute research
- Coffee Coding meetup
- Broadcast Amsterdam meetup
New coworking space
I started using TSH Collab Amsterdam City. Come and see me!
Monitor light bar
Introduced a monitor light bar, to relieve eye strain hopefully. pic.twitter.com/8ZJc6sqvnL— Yoshi-kuni (@yoshikuni_kato) October 29, 2021
Heavier keyboard switches
Changed the switches of my ErgoDoxEZ from Cherry MX Silent Red to Cherry MX Clear because I wanted heavier keys for my fingers to move more. Typing is fun with the new switches.
- Cafes and Burgers in Prague (only in Japanese), 15 October
- Rust Survey Japanese translation help✨
- Sales activities and networking
- Made a plan to visit Japan (and booked flights), but canceled due to entry restriction change. I’m looking for another opportunity to visit there.
As I also wrote 2021 Summary, please read it if you have interests.