This is a recap of my activities in Q2 2023.
One highlight was that my PRs for Unison UI-Core were merged, especially a minimap UI component! It’s great to contribute to a progressive technology like Unison language by writing Elm, which is also a great language.
Also, in Q2, some projects with new clients started.
I hope these activities in Q2 bring some more fun and opportunities in the future.
- minutiae and related apps
- iOS app feature update. Quite a lot of logic was changed recently.
- Some scripts in Python and TypeScript
- DigitalCube projects
- A new client since June!
- Writing TypeScript for backend
- NestJS, AWS Lambda, Serverless, etc
- Website maintenance work
- (Used a lot of time & energy to look for new clients)
Unison UI-Core and LocalUI contribution
4 pull requests were merged!
- Add UI samples to storybook, 3 April
- Update storybook sample json handling, add Workspace story, 5 May
- Fix query percent encoding, 24 May
- Workspace minimap, 15 June
Minimap is released on UnisonShare!
This was a very grateful moment for me as I always wanted to work on open-source projects (but wasn’t able to find suitable projects for a while), and this UI is built using Elm, which is my favorite language. Working on OSS is great as my code becomes public and could be used by many developers.
Learning python for future work.
- MPS (Meta Programming System)
- Preparing for Advanced Functional Programming in Haskell in July
- Dutch (Language Exchange)
- Coffee coding, almost every Saturday
- AdvancedJS Amsterdam, 19 April, 17 May
- Rust Meetup Amsterdam, 2 May, Fiberplane
- Effortless Data Analysis and Cleaning with Data Wrangler in VS Code, 4 May
- Fiber Festival, 14 May
- Attending some lectures at SPUI25
- Rijksakademie OpenStudio, 9 June
- Expat Emotions and the Brain, webinar, 13 June
- Unison Community Coding, 14 June
This is a nice event to catch up with Unison language. Almost every Wednesday.
- MozFest House in Amsterdam, 20-21 June
- Trying Arc browser since June
- Periodical health check: health is important!
- Met a lot of friends🙂
Thank you for reading. I hope you also had a great Q2, and wish you a greater Q3.